Free dinosaur printables will keep kids happy and entertained for hours. This massive list of all sorts of fun dinosaur activities is perfect for long car rides and rainy days when indoor fun is necessary.
KIDS LOVE DINOSAURS
Children all seem to have a big fascination with dinosaurs. What’s not to love, right? They are big, unusual and some are kind of scary.
Dinosaurs are a fun way for kids to get more excited about science in general and that is always a good thing.
I am surprised by how quickly most children pick a favorite dinosaur and stick with it for life. It will always be their top pick.
Here are some of the most-loved dinosaurs:
- Triceratops was a plant-eating dinosaur. The big horns on its head were for defending itself from predators.
- Tyrannosaurus was definitely a meat-eater and movies like Jurassic Park have made this dinosaur a big-time favorite and one that can scare people to death!
- Stegosaurus has spikes along its back that are super cool to look at and were used as a defense against predators. This is a plant-eating dinosaur that gets a lot of votes for favorite.
- Brachiosaurus has a very long neck that can stretch and reach foliage on high tree branches. They are one of the most-loved herbivore dinosaurs.
DINOSAUR PARTY IDEAS
If your child is extra excited about dinosaurs you might consider throwing a dinosaur-themed birthday party one year.
This is a party theme all the guests will enjoy too.
Here are some fun and easy ideas to make the party extra special.
- If you are having a warm-weather party get a ginormous dinosaur sprinkler for the yard for the kids to play in. They will love this inflatable dinosaur because it is over 6 feet tall!
- The colors for the party can be earthy tones like greens, orange and browns. These go great with a dino theme.
- Make and frost some cupcakes and then put small plastic dinosaurs on top of each one. The kids can take the dinosaur toy home at the end of the party. This is quick, easy, and inexpensive.
- If you are serving food how about dinosaur nuggets and dinosaur macaroni and cheese. You can get the Tyson Dino Nuggets at the store and then order some dinosaur shaped pasta and make homemade mac and cheese with it. FUN!
- Cut dinosaur-shaped footprints out of construction paper and tape these on the walkway leading into the house for guests to follow.
- Play pin the tail on the dinosaur. You can buy the game or just make one by cutting a dinosaur shape out of a piece of poster board.
- Go on a dinosaur dig! This is a fun activity and easy to create. Get a small child’s swimming pool and fill it with dirt or sand. Bury some dinosaur bones in the sand and let kids dig for bones.
- Use the free dinosaur printables below for more fun for the children.
FREE DINOSAUR PRINTABLES
This big list of free dinosaur printables has something for everyone. Games, coloring pages and activities…all to get kids more excited about dinos.
Be sure to PIN this and SHARE with friends on social media!