The love for mermaids will never go out of style and neither will these free mermaid printables. There is a mermaid printable for every occasion from coloring pages to sleepover invitations. So many fun printables to delight anyone who enjoys mermaids.
I think all of my daughters have gone through a mermaid phase at one time or another when they were in elementary school. There is something about the sparkles and mystery surrounding mermaid tales and legends that just draws people in.
It is easy to find home decor, party decor, and even mermaid themed food. Free mermaid printables are available from creative bloggers around the blogosphere.
There are movies, books and websites solely dedicated to talking about mermaids! The National Ocean Service swears no true evidence has ever been found to prove their existence, but a lot of people disagree.
If you or someone in your family has mermaid mania going on in their head here are some fun things to check out:
- Live Science has an interesting article called Mermaids & Mermen: Facts & Legends
- Mermaids: The Myths, Legends, and Lore by Skye Alexander is full of all sorts of stories of old plus lovely pictures.
- The Weeki Wachee Springs State Park in Florida has a world-famous version of The Little Mermaid that is performed live in a 400 seat submerged auditorium. This performance includes underwater feats and looks awesome!
- There have been countless mermaid sightings throughout history and that gives Ripley’s pause.
- Sheros Entertainment in Los Angeles provides the world’s most realistic mermaid performers for parties and events. There is no doubt your daughter’s birthday would be talked about for years to come if you hire one of these mermaids!
MERMAID MOVIES & SHOWS FOR KIDS
My youngest daughter loves to watch any kind of program that has a mermaid swimming by. It can be hard to find age-appropriate shows for her to watch.
Here is a list of mermaid-themed movies and shows that are typically approved for younger audiences:
- We have watched Barbie in A Mermaid Tale many times at our house. Then we proceed to bathtime where the Barbie Mermaid makes an appearance, LOL.
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid will probably always be my favorite Disney movie. I love the show at Disney World too!
- Younger kids will enjoy Sofia The First: The Floating Palace and Dora’s Rescue in Mermaid Kingdom, both of which are fun animated tales containing mermaids.
- Older kids (tweens and teens) may enjoy Aquamarine and H2O: Just Add Water both of which are stories about teen girls and mermaids.
- Scales: Mermaids are Real is a more recent movie about a 12 year old girl who becomes a mermaid. It is rated PG and would be best for older kids.
- A Mermaid’s Tale is a G rated movie that kids of all ages (and adults too) will enjoy and really highlights friendship.
FREE MERMAID PRINTABLES
If your house has been invaded by mermaid-loving kids then you will want to check out some FREE mermaid printables. There are crafts, invitations, coloring pages, and more for your little mermaid.
- Free Printable Kindergarten Worksheets
- Free Patriotic Printables for the Whole Family
- Ocean Animals Bingo
- Beach Coloring Pages
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on social media!