This huge list of free printable first day of school signs is going to help you make back to school memorable and well-documented. Kids grow up too fast and documenting their first day with a fun sign is a great way to start the school year.
WHAT ARE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SIGNS?
If your kids are just starting school you may not know what first day of school signs are all about.
I don’t know who the creative genius mom is who came up with the idea…but I am so glad they did!
The whole concept is simple. Have your kids hold up a sign on the first day of school that lists what grade they are in and what year it is.
There has been a lot of variations the past few years and now the sky is the limit on how you can pose your kids!
FUN WAYS TO USE PRINTABLE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SIGNS
I love to get on Facebook during the beginning of the school year and see how big everyone’s kids are getting.
It is also fun to see the creative ways people have taken their kids pictures for back to school.
Here are some fun ideas on ways to use free printable first day of school signs:
- Take your child’s picture at the school they will be attending while holding the sign.
- Pose your child in the same location at your house every year with their sign so you can see how much they grow and change in the same spot.
- Frame the printable first day of school sign and have your child hold the frame instead of just a piece of paper.
- Do a serious picture with the school sign and then a silly face picture.
- Have your child pose with their new teacher holding their sign.
TIPS FOR USING THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SIGNS
Using these free printable back to school signs is super simple. Here are some tips to make it even easier:
- Start off by downloading the printables you pick.
- Print the school signs on cardstock so they are sturdy and don’t bend in the wind.
- If the signs are colorful be sure to use a color printer so the colors pop off the page.
- Think about what your kids will be wearing on the first day when you pick the best signs to use this year. I love to coordinate colors if possible.
- Don’t wait till the morning of the first day to print the signs because we all know how hectic that first morning always ends up!
FREE PRINTABLE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SIGNS
I have assembled some of the cutest and best first day of school signs you can find anywhere. There are so many different styles and colors you are sure to find the perfect sign for your family!
- Free Printable Kindergarten Worksheets
- Earth Day Word Search Printable
- Free Printable Crossword Puzzles
- Pre-K Social Skills Workbook
Be sure to PIN this so you can come back next year and print different signs off!