These lizard coloring pages are fun! Your kids will love this cool printable. There are lots of different lizards on each coloring page!
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LIZARDS
Lizards belong to the reptile family. A long tail, two pairs of legs that extend outwards from the body, and scales are among their distinguishing features. Most lizards are cold-blooded and use their metabolism to maintain their body temperature. There are several lizard species found all over the world.
Different lizard species have unique traits that make them fascinating to study. Some even resemble prehistoric creatures or even creatures from a fiction story. Here is a list of facts about lizards that you will find very interesting:
- Lizards can detach their tails
If they are caught by a predator, some lizards can detach their tails. This allows them to flee rapidly. Autotomy is the term for when this happens.
- Geckos have microscopic hair on their feet
Have you ever wondered how lizards climb up walls or across ceilings? On the bottom of their feet, geckos have microscopic hairs. These hairs assist them in sticking to things, making them excellent climbers.
- Most lizards can swim
The majority of lizards can swim. Better still, the green basilisk lizard. Not only can they swim, but they can also run on water. How cool is that?!
- Chameleons can look in different directions at the same time
Have you ever tried using one eye to look left and the other to look right? It’s quite difficult! Chameleons may easily change their appearance by looking in different directions. Their eyes bulge out, allowing them to stare at two separate objects at the same time.
- Some lizards can live for 50 years
The lifespan of different lizard species varies. However, there are some lizards that can survive up to more than 50 years!
TYPES OF LIZARDS
There are about 6,000 different kinds of lizards on the planet, making them an exceptionally diverse group of reptiles! Let’s have a look at some of the most fascinating types of lizards, ranging from enormous monitor lizards to small geckos.
- Agama Lizard
- Anole Lizard
- Armadillo Lizard
- Australian Gecko
- Basilisk Lizard
- Blue Belly Lizard
- Blue Iguana
- Caiman Lizard
- Crested Gecko
- Draco Volans Lizard
- Eastern Fence Lizard
- Easter Glass Lizard
- Emerald Tree Monitor
- Gila Monster
- Horned Lizard
- Jackson’s Chameleon
- Thorny Devil
- Whiptail Lizard
- Texas Spiny Lizard
- Slow Worm
BOOKS ABOUT LIZARDS THAT KIDS WILL LOVE
If your kid is a fan of lizards, then they will definitely love reading these books! Here is a list of great books for your kids to read:
- Chameleon Sees Colors – this is a fun book for kids ages 2 to 5 years old. This is a great book to use when teaching our kids about the different colors.
- Lizard from the Park – kids 4 to 8 years old will have fun reading this book! This is a picture book about a little boy that finds a lizard at the park.
- Ultimate Reptileopedia: The Most Complete Reptile Reference Ever – this is the perfect book for kids 5 and up who want to learn more about reptiles.
- Sneed B. Collard III’s Most Fun Book Ever About Lizards – the older kids, 9 to 12 years old, will be thrilled with this book. Everything there is to know about lizards can be found in this book.
FREE PRINTABLE LIZARD COLORING PAGES
Have fun checking out this big variety of lizard coloring pages. Keep scrolling to find all sorts of fun and cute printables for you or your kids.
A big thank you to the generous bloggers and website owners who are providing these worksheets at no cost to us.
If you loved these lizard coloring pages, be sure to check out these other fun printables:
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!