Free summer coloring pages for kids will keep them busy on those days when you hear the dreaded words, I’m bored! There are lots of free printable coloring sheets to download and print off so they won’t be able to say they have nothing to do!
HOW TO CURE SUMMER BOREDOM FOR KIDS
As the mother to four children, I have dealt with summer boredom for many, many years. I always have good intentions to stay ahead of the game and be prepared with all sorts of fun ideas and activities, but then life happens.
Kids look forward to summer all school year, but once it arrives and the new of summer has worn off…they just can’t find anything to do. It doesn’t matter how many toys they have, LOL.
If your kids are bored this summer, here are some ideas to keep them occupied…after they finish all of these free summer coloring pages for kids!
- Pull out or buy a game they have never played before. Have the kids read the directions themselves and see if they can figure out how to play. If not, help them get started and play with them if you have the time.
- Get out the dominos and have the children build a domino fall. Watch some Youtube videos on tricks you can do with dominos. These ideas can keep them occupied for HOURS. You may need to buy a few more sets of dominos to do the more intricate tricks. The kids can also learn how to play the actual game of dominos…plus there are tons of fun variations they can learn.
- Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles. Teach the kids how to make homemade bubble solution. Then grab the bubble wands and get outside for some fun. We love the WOWmazing giant bubble wands…they are awesome!
- Send the kids outside and tell them to create their best sidewalk chalk art. Make it into a contest. You can even give them some sidewalk chalk stencils and see what they can do!
- In the mornings before it gets too hot grab your backpacks and head out for some family geocaching. This is such a fun family activity and most kids will love the adventure of trying to find the cache.
- Hiking is always a good time and summer is a great opportunity to find some new hiking trails and areas. Ask on Facebook for recommendations from your local friends for the best places to hike with kids. Grab this free day hiking checklist so you don’t walk off and forget something important.
FREE SUMMER COLORING PAGES FOR KIDS
Summer can bring rain and HOT days that don’t translate into getting outside. It is always nice to have a backup plan for indoor activities. These free printable summer coloring pages are the perfect way to keep kids happy on those indoor summer days.
A huge thanks to the bloggers who create and offer these coloring pages for free to their readers. It is very generous of them to give away their work!
Scroll through this huge list of summer color sheets to find the ones your kids will enjoy coloring!
If you loved these free summer coloring pages for kids, be sure to check out these other great free printables while you are here:
- Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Daily Summer Schedule Checklist for Kids
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!