Your daughter will love this huge list of free Little Mermaid printables. Every little girl wants to be a mermaid at some point in their life, LOL. These printables include coloring pages, decor and so much more.
FACTS ABOUT THE LITTLE MERMAID MOVIE
I always find it interesting to learn more details about movies. The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies. I think you will find these facts about the Little Mermaid very interesting.
- Inspirations for Ursula
It is thought that Joan Collins’ portrayal of “Alexis Carrington” on “Dynasty” served as inspiration for the evil Ursula. That reflects Ursula’s attitude and personality.
But did you know that Divine, a drag queen character made famous in John Waters’ films, served as the primary inspiration for this sea with?
- Color Palettes
If we were to look at some of the movie’s land scenes, especially those that occur early on, we would notice that the colors are light, but why?
In order to make the underwater scenery stand out, the colors were purposefully muted. Ariel’s tail fin color was particularly blended by the Disney Paint Lab; as a result, the color was given the moniker “Ariel.”
- Ursula is Not An Octopus
You may have grown up believing Ursula is an octopus, but it’s time to correct that misconception, LOL. She is a cecaelia rather than an octopus. Yes, the snarky villain is a legendary creature called a cecaelia, a cross between a human and an octopus. which has two hands and six tentacles, NOT eight.
- Hercules and Ariel Are Cousins
These two sea creatures are indeed related! How did that occur? Well, King Triton, the father of Ariel, is Poseidon’s son. Ariel and Hercules are first cousins once removed because Zeus is Hercules’ father and Poseidon is Hercules’ brother. This makes “The Little Mermaid” a fantastic starting point if you wish to explain Greek mythology to your children.
- “Part of Your World” Was Almost Not Part of It
Yes, that is true. Jeffrey Katzenberg, the executive producer of “The Little Mermaid,” sought to cut the song “Part of Your World” after the film’s premiere; fortunately, it was left in, and it went on to become one of Disney animation’s most enduring songs.
- Ariel was Not Supposed to be a Redhead
Ariel stands out from the other princesses thanks to her red hair, which has helped us get to know and love her. So, it may surprise you to learn that Disney originally had her in mind as a blonde. However, a comedy program with a blonde mermaid was airing at the time it was produced in 1984.
- Ariel’s Sisters are… Bad?
Ariel’s sisters appear to be nice until you discover their hobby, which frequently leads to… death. Yes, her sisters frequently sing to sailors, convincing them that going under the sea is not something to be afraid of. You are already aware that once they have persuaded the sailors, they frequently drown.
- Ursula was meant to be Ariel’s Auntie
This family connection thing has been part of the Broadway production storyline as well as the 2006 DVD re-release of The Little Mermaid, which includes a documentary that mentions their plans to make the family tie part of the film.
- Ariel is the only Disney Princess That Became a Mom
Ariel was the only one of Disney’s princesses to have a child. Melody, her child with Prince Eric, was introduced to the sequel film to The Little Mermaid. Melody, unlike Ariel, was born with human feet and wishes to be a mermaid and explore the wonders of the sea.
- It was Not Meant to be a Happily Ever After
In the Disney version, Ariel falls in love with the prince and abandons her mermaid life to be with him. She did not win the prince’s heart in the original version, but she was content to love him from afar. That did not last long, as when she attempted to save the prince, she lost her life and was transformed into sea foam. Just like what happens when other mermaids die.
MERMAID GIFT IDEAS FOR GIRLS
Mermaids are very popular for children. It is easy to find mermaid gift ideas, but harder to find unique gift ideas. This list will WOW the little girl (or woman) who loves mermaid.
- Any girl would love to wear this beautiful mermaid necklace and pendant set.
- With its pearlescent tail glimmering with one of four colorful light shows, this doll will undoubtedly make every little girl’s eyes twinkle.
- Allow your child’s imagination and creativity to run wild by allowing them to create their own underwater world with this DIY Terrarium Kit.
- Using this Journal Stationary Set, the child can tell her own stories, dreams, and magical moments.
- Feel the underwater vibe while watching “The Little Mermaid” or while doing the following free printable Little Mermaid activities with this Mermaid Sea Animal Projection Night Light.
- With these Hatchimals CollEGGtibles, you can bring the Hatchtopian Sea into your home and make the little girl’s underwater adventure EGGciting.
- Create your very own underwater bed with your kids with this Mermaid Slime Kit.
- Make bath time more enjoyable with these Mermaid Bath Bombs and be surprised by the jewels contained within the mermaid shells.
- This one-of-a-kind Mermaid Night Light will brighten up any room.
LITTLE MERMAID PRINTABLES
These Little Mermaid printables will undoubtedly brighten your child’s mood because they feature Disney’s beloved mermaid, Ariel, and the best part is that they are all free!
A big thanks to the bloggers who are giving these printables to us!
MORE DISNEY PRINTABLES
Everyone, regardless of age, enjoys Disney movies and their endearing characters, so here are some more free printables to keep you and your child entertained!
- Printable Mouse Ears Template
- Beauty and the Beast Color Pages
- Free Frozen Coloring Pages Printables
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!